Thursday, April 23, 2009

Late April Snow Showers


This morning while the dogs and I were out hiking and checking out the melt out progress along the river and creek the sun was out shining bright. This afternoon around 3:30 we started getting snow coming off the mountains, but instead of it just being blown by strong winds the sow oved into the valley. These are some of the shots I took while it was happening and still is happening but I wanted to get this posted while it was happening. This is the latest storms we have had while I have lived at Trinity and is one of the things that makes living in the mountains so very special.



If you love the snow as much as I do then enjoy these few shots and if not and you are seeing snow then just send it this way where it is very appreciated... I like the cooler temps that allow for the snow instead of rain which would really make things difficult for getting around.


We found our Paradise, hope you find your's too. Peace

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Greg,
Just curious how far someone can drive up the road.
Any updates?!
Enjoy,
Teresa

Gregg said...

I moved my truck up to Chikamin it was a clear path up to there and then from there to the gate was about 50/50 and from the gate to Basalt about 60/40 dirt to snow, then from there on need sled or walk/ski. Not sure how much melt happened this week. Hope this helps...

Gregg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks so much!! Appreciate your info. Gregg.
I will be heading up there next week with a few friends to ski Fortress/Chiwawa.

Gregg said...

They all got new snow this week while we got rain but did wake up one morning to a dusting well more than a dusting less than 1/8" but it turned all the dirt spots white, should have good skiing there, I might be gone for a couple of days but should be back in by Tues or Wed depending on if I go out tomorrow or Sunday. I'll keep you informed what I find when I go out with the dogs.