Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Paradise from the Front Pond


Many of my friends and people I meet think that I must be crazy to live in the middle of nowhere as they call it, just because I'm not in town or have a store down on the corner, closest one is 23 miles away. At first I had to get used to it by making sure to get what I needed while in town or being able to do without it until the next journey out. Sometimes it isn't the easiest especially for someone with very bad knees and shoulders but then I go outside and look around me and see the wonderful majestic mountains surrounding me and the beautiful landscape that changes often.


These photos were taken from the front pond actually the south side of the pond looking back toward Buck Mountain and the Chiwawa's in the top photo. The middle photo is looking back from the front pond toward Fortress Mountain & Massie Ridge and the bottom photo shows Massie Ridge and Chiwawa Mountain with Red Mountain. When I get up each morning and look out and see those mountains all around me and no traffic to contend with especially right now during the meltout I am grateful to live in such a wonderful place, fact is I can't see living anywhere else.



Most of my friends that make it here want to stay but just can't break away from the rat race, and I don't even know what that is. Living here is slow paced most of the time unless I'm trying to keep up with the dogs on one of their outings. I think it is wonderful to have such a place to live and enjoy everyday and the only thing that could possibly make it better is someone to share it with all the time, my dogs are great and they do have their own language but it is still a guessing game as to what they want at times. It's nice to have someone to talk to while exploring all around the place we call Paradise.
We found our Paradise, hpe you find your's too. Peace
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

ted and the girls.