Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sno-jammer's New Year's Day Visit


I first met some these sledder's last year on N Y eve they had made it out here through almost twice as much snow as we have here now, only a few of the group that started out here made it. They ended up helping me find a person that tried to come in here when they had no business with the conditions as they were. From that initial meeting last year I made some good friends that have come to my rescue or helped me out several times, along with coming up everytime they come up to sled, especially Spero & Kristyn owner's of Wildfun Powersports in Lakewood. We have built a nice friendship around sledding and them coming here to show people Trinity and the powerhouse and whatever is possible to get to.
I knew they were coming here this week and made arrangements for them to bring a few things in for me when they came this direction and found out they were coming today but I didn't know just how many were coming. I went out early to drag around here to get some of the snow snow packed as well as I could and was just finishing up when I had Glenn open the door to the powerhouse, he said
he had the first group but I was surprised to see just how many made the trip out to Trinity. They mentioned having about 60 people staying at 1000Trails and today 3/4 of them were out here, it was a sight to see and a very welcomed visit. It's things like this and meeting sledder's that have formed many of the friendships I have today. I shoed them around the powerhouse and they ate lunch and just had a good time, did have a few that became casualties of the Bottomless POW here getting stuck especially trying to help me out by opening up places I haven't been able to drag or pack lately, now I probably can now and will try tomorrow. It's these visits and friendships that I value everyday, you just never know who you might meet so always be nice to them, even though caretaker's at Trinity have had a bad name that isn't the case now.
Everyday I'm grateful for the friends I've made since living here, it's one of the things that makes Trinity so very special. Thanks guy for you help and your visit, hppe you enjoyed it as much as we did... Have a wonderful year.
We found our Paradise, hope you find your's too. Peace everyone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those sleds must have packed things down for you for a while. Sounds like you had lots of company for a change. How about some gizmo pictures next?

Max

tomas said...

I rode a dirt bike out to Trinity from Lake Wenatchee on a Saturday at the end of October. I was hoping you'd take me on a tour of the powerhouse. However, the entrance over the bridge to Trinity was chained and there were a number of "No Trespassing" signs. I didn't know how to contact you from there.