Tuesday, December 23, 2008

There is a Silver Lining

After this past week and being without power for 6 days eating things that didn't require cooking like Tuna and Peanut butter and crackers, I've enjoyed being able to cook which is something I usually don't like to do just for myself but Thanksgiving day a friend of mine Brad had given me some elk meat he got this past hunting season. What was nice was I actually got 2 days of meals from one pkg of meat and it tasted so good, if you've never eaten elk you really don't know what you are missing. There are only a couple of other meats that taste better and are good for you one being Axis deer which is considered the best meat in the world and Blackbuck antelope both of which are from India, but as far as what is native to the US Elk is #1. To me cooking for one person just isn't worth it but on these last 2 days it was very worth it and I appreciated being able to go to the freezer and breaking it out, it was fantastic. Thanks again Brad for sharing this wonderful meat with me, I enjoyed it very much. Now if the Fish & game dept would bring them back into this area and let them establish a herd here would make things just right and reintroduce them to an area that they would have more food and cover to bring wildlife that used to roam here naturally until they allowed them to be killed out, they belong here and I would love to see them here again, to bring back the balance of nature to a pristine area suited for them.
We found our Paradise, hope you find your's too.

No comments: