Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back from visiting Elaine




Well I just got home last night after coming in during a white out and 30" of new powder on the way in. I was visiting Elaine in E. Wenatchee where she is recovering from a broken ankle, she's in a cast and on crutches . It snowed all night and left an additional 4-6" we now have 7' of snow on the ground.
This is Elaine with Austyn and this is the snow we got in the past 36 hours. After all the new snow now the sun is shining somewhat through the clouds. It has ben hard being seperated from Elaine while she is recovering but you know what they say" absence makes the heart grow fonder "and during this time apart it has really been true for us, it has made us closer than ever. Right now we just have to see what the weather is going to do so we will know when we can get together again. I wanted to bring in some things and so came on the ATV instead of the snowmobile which after taking the trip in would have been the wiser move. Everyday is full of lessons and it is what we do with them that counts.
We found our Paradise hope you find yours too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gregg,
Sounds like the snow just keeps pileing up. I am friends with Allan and Shauna and own a cabin next to theirs in Chiwawa Pines. I was fortunate last winter to ride to Trinity on the day the dogsleds overnighted. Are they running again this year? My other friend Art and I were treated to a tour of the generator building.
(very cool). I'm not sure if you were the one that gave us the tour or not. I'm hopeing we can make the trip up your way over the Christmas break as we will be staying up in our paradise for almost a week. My Son Ryan was one of the riders who helped break the trail when Allan and Shauna were there. He will remember that for a long time(So much snow). Take care and maybe we'll see you over the holidays.
Jim Wright

Gregg said...

Jim right now we have 7' on the gauge. I was the one that gave you the tour and I remember Ryan. If it wasn't for them breaking trail I would have had a long walk. They are running the dogs again towards the end of Jan as far as I know. If you come up this way give me a shout, I'd be glad to see you again. Glad you found your Paradise. I should be here most of that time I will be going to see Elaine in E Wen sometime during Christmas, just not sure when. You would be more than welcome.