Thursday, September 15, 2005

Tribute to my Mom

On Sept 7th my mom was buried after a brief illness and stay in ICU in Houston, it was a sad day for my family but I haven't been close to many of them for many years, yet my mom and I talked quite often via IM's. My mom always had a smile and cheerful personality and brought light into dark places. We didn't always agree but the last few years being honest was more important than pleasing everyone. I tried to educate her as much as I could and being that I have had chronic pain since I was injured in 99 and have been on many medications that weren't helping me with the pain. My mom always enjoyed having people over for a party or get together and she loved her husband Farrel very much and I saw them work through things I never knew were possible. Mom died on Sunday afternoon and ws buried andfuneral services were on Wed. I wasn't able to get there on such short notice but we (Nashaba & Kaia) and myself went over by the creek and had our own service, nothing fancy but remembering and celebrating her life, she always loved watching her grandchildren and great grandchildren grow and always made time for them. I wish I had some pictures of her to post but don't. In the past year they had purchased a ranch in the hill country, and were spending alot of time there always telling me how great it was, but I already knew that I had been trying to get them to do that very thing for many years since I worked as a hunting guide and ranch manager in the early 90's. Everything happens for a reason exactly when it is supposed to happen, I don't understand the timing but know that her work on earth was complete or she would still be here. For the first time in many years she was with her parents once again. Mom I love you so very much and think of you often.

No comments: