Monday, November 26, 2007

Maybe this Time will work





Well after a week of some very cold temps we finally got some new snow today. With the cold temp though instead of being a wet snow it is very dry and powdery and we had about 4" in about 5 hours earlier in the afternoon and it's still snowing tonight so it will be interesting to see how much we get overnight. Actually we need the snow so that it can insulate the dam and aqua duct from freezing. The pictures are from up at the dam when the temperatures stayed very cold the last 2 days, I had to go and break up the ice that was forming so that it wouldn't shut down the powerplant like it has done previously.
This is what most of my friends have been looking for the beautiful fluffy white stuff, SNOW!!! Yeah! I know many snomobilers and skiers that have been watching the sky for this great time of year to finally arrive, I know those working at Steven's Pass have been waiting impatiently for this snow to get here. This could be the beginning of a wonderful time of the year, my favorite time of year in fact.
Peace & Bear Love love the snow too and once they get out playing in it they don't want to come in no matter how late it is but I can also relate because when it snows I just want to get out in it feel it on my face and see it in the headlights. I'm very glad that I've groomed all the way up to the dam and that the snow we got earlier has formed a very nice base but I will need to stay on top of it so that I can go to the dam until the first slide over on the dam road then it can be the last time I get to go until the melt out, I hope to keep it open all winter, well that is my intention anyway.
To Ivan, Bob, Eric, Michelle, Don, Jim, Jim Jack, David M, Dave W, and everyone waiting for snow, keep those thoughts coming and we'll all be riding it soon, Think SNOW :)
We found our Paradise, hope you find yours too.

No comments: