Friday, November 30, 2007

Are You Really Thinking SNOW?

I came home yesterday after going out on Wed to move my truck because I had been told by the FS that they got 6" at the lake and we were supposed to be getting a good dose Wed night and didn't want to get my truck stuck in here and not able to get it out. We had gotten 9" but it was all like baby powder and if I was skiing I would love it but since I'd like to build a nice base before getting lots of very dry powder. The first photo of gauge was taken on Tues after gettin 9" on top of 1' we had before.

The next picture is of Peace & Bear Love playing in the snow which they both love to do, no need for additional coats for them they like to play and don't want anything to interfere with having fun. They are truely mountain dogs but they enjoy visiting town and seeing friends especially the stores that always have treats, thanks to Aunt Suzie, Gaby, Rhode and all of the others that always have something good to eat and of course all of our friends at Uncle Uli's where pets are allowed and everyone knows your name... We were even there yesterday when GMA came to Leavenworth and I was totally surprised byu the great turnout of people hoping to be on TV, I was just waiting for it to get light enough to drive home with my sunglasses which was all I had with me since I left my other glasses in the Ranger, we were hoping to get a nice overnight snow so I would know where to park my truck so I could still get out. Leavenworth got about 1.5-2" of snow but it couldn't have been scripted better for the snow, problem is they got more snow there than I got out here, actually it was just enough so that when I made tracks I couldn't see asphalt but my Ranger only had .75" on it when we got to it and at home I got 1.25" of baby powder.


This is what we have today after not getting the snow everyone anticipated.
So I believe that eveyone wanting to see snow needs to Think SNOW!!! We found our Paradise, hope you find yours too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: