Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm Constantly Amazed





After living at Trinity for the last 3 years I am constantly amazed with how many people around Leavenworth don't know what Trinity is or where it is located. One of the things I enjoy most is getting out and seeing new places especially with all of the beautiful places to go around here and I have to admit I'm very spoiled living here and with what is in my backyard I don't need to go anywhere but I like to know where things and places are. There are those that I meet that have fond childhood memories of coming out here as a kid, then there are those hikers I meet from all over that are cruising the PCT either from Canada to Mexico or vice versa that have been coming by here for years. I feel truly blessed to live here and just exploring the places around here are enough to fill a lifetime of adventure. The disadvantage to living out here is finding people to go explore with, it does take some effort but is well worth it, so if you are up for an adventure and would like to explore places you have never seen before let me know.
To give a brief history of Trinity began back in the 1920's and was really developed by Royal Development Company of Canada and the original mine was actually started up at Spider Meadow but after not being able to access it in the winter decided to try to access Red Mountain from the Trinity townsite and they dug a 2 mile tunnel through Phelps ridge I've included some photos of what Trinity loked ike back then with over 400 people living and working here. They did produce copper, silver and gold but the compant went bankrupt and most of the workers ended up going over to Holden Mine to work. Mining was tried here until the 70's off and on but nothing to amount to much. It was purchased about 17 years ago and turned into a conservancy. I've had the opportunity to live here going on my 4th winter and everyone is different, I meet lots of people snowmobiling and hiking and then those that just can't read the NoTresspassing signs and try to get past us with out detection and that is where Peace comes in she is becoming a great watchdog and doesn't let anyone get by without getting caught. This is the one time it is much better to ask permission instead of asking forgiveness once people cross the gate I might not be as cordial to them. Anyone that has ever had enough respect to not cross the gate but stay there until invited in have often been given tours of the powerhouse or shown around especially if they have been here long ago and have memories of coming here as kids I do my best to accommodate them and it is how I have made many of my friends out here, most are from the west side of the mountain and I hear from the often. It's funny to me but I see a summer camping group and the winter snow junkies that can't wait to see the fluffy white stuff falling, and hear the whining of snowmobile engines. Do yourself a favor and if you haven't ever been out this direction take the effort you'll be glad you did, the road out here is a rough road but the beauty all around more than makes up for it. Living in Washington offers every kind of outdoor activity you can imagine and being surrounded by mountains and rivers & creeks all around me is what makes this place Paradise to me. Get out and see all of the beauty around this wonderful state we call home and keep your eyes open, you will be surprised at the things you've been missing, especially taking time to enjoy it. What I usually see are people from the city out here and driving so fast and crazy like they are still in traffic in the city, take your time and enjoy it, life it too short to be rushed through, you might miss what you have been looking for.
We found our Paradise, hope you find your's too.

No comments: