Monday, May 15, 2006

Maybe we can learn something by watching Hummers

This morning I've been sitting and watching the hummingbirds as they come into the feeders and there are many differing approaches I've noticed. There are some that come in looking for a fight and are in what I call the defensive position cming in on the alert, while others come in and without attitude can come to the feeder and share without incident, I've seen 4 at a feeder designed for 6, then there are those that come in to harass those that are feeding, and it is the response to those that suprises me the most, those in peace without attitude seem to eat alot more that the others, and as long as they stand their ground without reacting to the attitude they just sit and eat til they are full. It's those hummers that I have come to love & respect because they remind me of the people that have made a difference through peace like Ghandi & Martin Luther King. I have to admit I don't watch news and quit listening to radio even because of the news they report as worthy, war and war mongers, haters and killers just don't do it for me, there is a war going on that isn't a war and yet it still get lots of coverage, but is it really helping mankind, I think not. There are things we can change and things we can't and when we realize that we can have peace and it starts with us. I guess that is what makes this paradise to me is seeing the beauty and peace around me here uneffected by anything else going on in the world, I chose to carry that wherever I go. There is a lesson to be learned from everything if we will just take the time to see and enjoy it, one thing is for sure peace has to start with me and each of us because no one can do it for us, it's a choice. I guess being a modern day mountainman that doesn't have to rough it really has some great benefits it gives me time to learn more and more what are important in life and that is peace and love and beauty. Life is such a wonderful experience and to be enjoyed not a burden that comes when we try to be like everyone else. Paradise is a wonderful place to live and I hope you find yours, wherever it may be. Namaste'

No comments: