Sunday, May 14, 2006

The first deer have arrived @ Trinity!

Today I saw the first signs of deer returning to Trinity, there were 3 sets of tracks out where we usually have a salt block for them, so of course I immediately went and got a fresh block and put it out, the birds were also very happy it's pout there. This is a good sign, last year by this time there were around 100 deer/day coming into the blocks and the number just continued to grow. They start running once the cross the bridge and clear the gate, then it is a full out sprint to get to the blocks, doe returning with the yearlings. Reid and Bruce saw signs that the moose was still in the area, hopefully I'll get some better pictures this year and will be able to find out if it is a bull or cow, either way I'm glad it made it through the winter. There are still a few snow bridges that are hanging on in the shaded areas but where it's exposed to the sun it's very soft and slushy and each day I see new patches of ground poking it's head out from under the snow, more different kinds of birds showing up and even a few barn swallows have shown up and are after the bugs for which I'm grateful. Water is flowing everywhere from the meltout even though the snow is deep on top it is melting underneath very fast. Even just now my daffodils are sending up the new growth and soon there will be color other than white showing up at Trinity. I love paradise it's so peaceful and yet very exciting with all the activity of the animals and birds, I found mine hope you can find yours.

No comments: