Friday, May 09, 2008

What a Difference 50 miles makes

Well I'm finally back on the air after replacing my computer made it easy I lost all of my photos and music which really sucked. Oh well back to taking lots of photos and maybe this time I'll put them on an external drive, it happens.
As you can see in the top photo that I was getting snowed on April 29&30 while down the road at Gibb's Farm they are working wildly too get things ready in the garden and orchard and I'm still watching the snow melt and not so productive outside right now especially once the sun has been up for a while it is very hard walking around without punching through the snow. This past winter was a very strange winter with big snow dumps when you didn't expect it and then much later snows this year than since I've been here.
I guess that is what makesliving here so special for me I can go snowmobile in my backyard area in morning and go to town and wear shorts & tank top in Leavenworth that afternoon, gotta love it.

The farm has some new help this year Allison & Matt are interns helping and they are a great addition to the farm helping Danielle and Grant get it looking great ready for Farmer's Market. The bull calf is the latest addition to the cow herd and has some great markings, last but not least is Danielle with baby on board driving the tractor getting rows ready for planting. The farm is alive with activity and you definitely know it is spring there while back here at Trinity except for the warmer temperatures and the creeks and river's coming up still looks like winter just harder to walk on the snow without postholing.
We found our Paradise, hope you find your's too. Namaste'
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

J.D. Scorpio said...

Hey Gregg:
Just stopped by to say Hey, and I like the pictures too.........
Have a great day, and watch those post holes... JD