Monday, October 01, 2007

Cedar Street Block Party




This weekend Leavenworth was crowded with visitors because it was Autumn Leaf Festival with booths, art show games for kids and of course all of the stores enjoying the large group of visitors especially in the downtown area near the gazebo-- but a few blocks away on a usually quiet street there were barricades blocking the ends of Cedar Street for a couple of blocks and in the middle of that CLF Chumstick Liberation Front was set up getting ready to play for the crowd that had gathered. Aaron and friends & neighbors had gotten together and pulled off one of the best events I've attended in town with a few hundred neighbors and friends showing up from Leavenworth enjoying the food and drinks and getting to know new friends. Personally this is what I think of when I think of Leavenworth and would like to see it happen much more, it is a very close knit community which is why I like being a part of it even though I'm the furtherest Leavenworth resident well my mailbox is anyway. Many of the people that were there said they just happened upon it as it really wasn't advertised that I'm aware of Nat mentioned it to me at the grocery store as we were both getting ice cream, glad he did as I love live music and the venue was great, aeven the kids and dogs were welcome and no problems other than the music getting cut short because of sprinkles happening, even as the equipment was being pickled up an impromptu jam session with Sergio on accordion and Mike on drums along with several of us helping keep the beat, it was very enjoyable.
Before heading home for the evening we were making a pass through town just to see what was happening and to see if anymore live music was happening, well it was Paul Sweeny was playing at the Tumwater so I stopped in to see who was there, I only intended to stay long enough to drink a glass of tea, instead I ended up staying a couple of hours and several of us helped Paul sing the songs of our youth wasn't really planned but we just all jumped in right from our seats. Several of our friends wanted to see Peace & Bear so we went to take little walks with them , they don't meet strangers and everyone that meets them falls in love with both of them . Peace & Bear Love are both blessings to me, they have many aunt's & uncle's in town that like for them to come around and that makes my life much easier since they go everywhere I go, we are a family with very many extended members of that family that live in town. Life is great.
We found our Paradise, hope you find yours too.

No comments: