Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Visitors to Trinity



Well you can definitely tell that summer is coming to a close because the campsites are staying full even during the week. For the first time this summer I saw a very large RV that made it to the Phelps Creek campground only a mile from Trinity which means it traveled over some very rough road to get there, but it made it. Yesterday I had visitors up from Plain and as I was giving them the tour of Trinity all I heard was ooooh's & aaaaah's not so much for the buildings they were seeing but all of the great places to back country ski. They were surprised to see the dam and bowling alley and just how magical this place truly is. One of the visitors was David Morris the wine maker from Napeequa Winery, he even brought up some of his wines to share with friends that come to Trinity, it's a wonderful gesture, I just don't know anything about wine, so now I'm going to have to get educated about what to serve and when, everything needed to make the experience great for everyone. Fortunately David said he would be happy to help me out with that. David Wiley and Evan also came out with him. I enjoyed the company and believe they enjoyed being here as much as I did showing it to them. Being so close to the county border with Snohomish/ Chelan counties we figured that we would be the furtherest north place that you might get to taste great local wine from Napeequa Winery and it is also the closest it has been to the valley the winery is named for. These pictures I got from David Morris are early pictures of Trinity in the 20's, Thanks David.
We found our Paradise, hope you find yours too.

No comments: