Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Back to spring at Trinity


This last month has been very interesting the snow has melted the dam filled with mud, rocks and debris, shutting down the water to the powerplant. After getting dropped several times since the meltout has started and all the water came up in the creeks and rivers it's just something that happens, Last year I went to the dam all year this year I haven't seen it since Dec because of a snowslide. As a matter of fact when I went to the dam hiking there was still 10' of snow on the road there, very compact. Things are getting back to normal for here the small creeks have gone down now but some of them are still cranking along very strong, the river has cut many new channels, going where it want to right now, trees are across it and new log jams are forming. This has been a very wet June at the same time it has been very nice to watch the mist rise the deer and birds coming in to feed , even already had some hikers out this far even though the gate is still closed. There is some bad damage to the road in a few places that can really mess up your vehicle if you aren't playing attention.. I'm just starting to see flowers blooming here that have been gone for months on the other side of the mountains and definitely seeing the bluebonnets(lupine) , this late in the year when in TX they have been gone since April. It's those things that make this paradise to me, because I can enjoy flowers for a very long time just by driving a few miles. Got to go to a BBQ with some old friends and new friends this weekend and had such a wonderful time, met a new friend from TX and that has been wonderful it's fun talking to someone that relates to the things your talking about or knows where you are talking about without alot of explaining. Life is good and everyday brings new experiences and adventures and now that the snow is almost gone and I can get out there are so many things I've yet to try here and look forward to the opportunity this summer. I want to enjoy life and have fun and what better place than paradise. Hope you find yours.

1 comment:

CameraDawktor said...

That's gorgeous. I love Leavenworth, its such a beautiful place, I can't imagine living there!

Lupines are also one of my favorite flowers (I have a few!)

Just strolling by clicking next blog, yours is cool!